Being: 2020 - A Quick Recap

Happy New Year! 

It's hard to believe it's already 2020. Time is flying by and life is moving so fast, it's hard to keep up! I know it has been almost a year since I've written a blog post (YIKES), but I am going to do my best to get this back up and running full force for this year, with a new post every Sunday! For now though, let's just do a quick update.

2019 was a crazy, life-changing year. I can not wait to share all of the exciting things that happened. 

Spoiler Alert: I'm Married!! 


On November 9, 2019, I married the love of my life. It sounds cliché, I know, I know. But I truly didn't know it was possible to love someone as much as I love my husband, Victor Picazo. I can't wait to share all of our wedding details with you in a blog post soon to come! 

He proposed on March 30, 2019, and it was the biggest surprise of my life. I had no idea that it was going to happen and I actually screamed, "HERE?! RIGHT NOW?!" after he asked me to marry him. Don't worry, there's video of that too. But for now, enjoy my fantastic "shocked" face. 

               


















The wedding planning process was quick and exciting! They always say you either love it or hate it,  and there were definitely some days where I felt the extremes are both. Looking back, I made a lot of incredible memories and it was definitely a period of my life I will never forget! It was a time where God showed Victor and me a lot. I really can't wait to share what He did in my heart during those 6-7 months.

Here's a photo of the day I found my wedding dress! It was the first thing I bought for the wedding and I got it one week after we got engaged, just by luck! My mom, sister, and niece came to LA for our annual girl's trip and we decided to go shopping for fun, and we ended up finding my dream dress! 


Designed by Ines Di Santo / Purchased at Glamour Closet

In 2019, I completed my first year as the state director of California Miss Amazing. Because of that, I got interviewed on Hallmark's Home & Family to discuss more about it and traveled to Chicago to support our girls at the National event. 



In July, Victor and I completed a week long mission trip in the St. Louis area with youth from across the midwest/south. He was able to photograph the incredible moments happening every day and I was able to worship with the teens each night, as well as do a closing night concert. We can't wait to go back to the St. Louis Project again this summer! Click the link to find out more on how you and your church youth group can get involved!
     
             


And of course, we had our incredible Honeymoon! I will definitely have to do a blog based solely on this trip because WOW it was amazing. We went to Puerto Vallarta for 10 days and IT. WAS. MAGICAL. We stayed at the Garza Blanca Resort and we can't wait to go back again! Zip lining, dolphins, Cirque du Soleil in the jungle... No exaggerations. 




Outfit from Lilly Pulitzer

My goals of 2020? There are so many. Some are big, some are small. A lot are career based of course, but others are faith based, and relationship based. I love setting goals and striving to reach them every chance I get. What goals have you set for this year? 


Now I know my blogs usually have a message or specific point behind them, but I decided to keep this one light and update you on where I'm at after a year of not writing. I can't wait to share stories, lessons I've learned, and lessons I'm still learning. I want to write about topics you want to hear about. I recently asked on my IG Story for you all to send in some topics you wanted me to cover on the blog. You sent in incredible suggestions that I can't wait to tackle. And I still want some ideas! Feel free to comment, message me on IG (@beingmemadisen), or email me at beingmadisen@gmail.com 

I am praying for the Being: Me community as you begin the new year, going back to school, work, or whatever phase of life you are in. The power of prayer is undeniable. Life will keep moving quickly, but we can keep up. We can stay strong. We can help our brothers and sisters in Christ fight on as they continue their journey. Here's to a year of following our dreams and making God the center of it all. 

Love you all, 

Madisen Hill-Picazo 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being: Home Town - Our Day Trip to Laurel

Being: Alive

Being: Understood - Finding Peace Through Our Differences